Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Walking Through the Frozen

frozen lake & reeds, prospect park by katinalynn
frozen lake & reeds, prospect park, a photo by katinalynn on Flickr. 
I chose this picture because even though Spring is officially here, it doesn't feel like it. Plus much of my business progress is frozen under the surface.

I'm a little frustrated this week. Working on my mobile app, and subsequently, my website is taking much longer than expected. Seems I need to come at this from a different angle, set some new parameters.  I prefer a list for lots of things, a template so to speak. I gravitate towards that type of structure and direction so I am free to focus on other things. Like my wardrobe: fashion tells me what's in style, what types of clothes look best on me, how much of each I need, I'll choose what I like and love based on another form of inspiration.

I need that with my website, too. My previous web hosting company, although good, made compiling the different elements similar to a right-handed person using their left hand for the first time.  Nothing bad, just different and needed some time getting used to. Wix.com seems to make it easier. I started creating my online store and mobile site. (Hurray!) But more is needed. I need to do more planning, writing, rewriting and walking. Yes, walking. The hardest aspect of writing is getting your thoughts onto paper. Walking helps me do that.

Julia Cameron in The Vein of Gold says: "Walking opens us up. It feeds us. Image by image, it spoons up for us a broth or soup of soul food, which sustains us as we do the work necessary to shape and reshape our lives. In other words, we can walk our way out of  'problem' and into 'solution.' If I am snagged on a story line, I walk it out. If I am stymied about what to work on next, I walk until it comes to me. When I am tangled in the plot lines of my work or my life, I take a walk and allow the walk to sort things out."

Thankfully, I walked for an hour today. I'm racking up minutes for my GirlTrek Challenge, but to be honest, I'm falling short. I ought to be walking daily. Instead I'm using the cold weather as an excuse. And that just goes to show me I'm getting out of this experience what I'm putting into it. Time to step it up!

Until next week, answer the poll at the top of the page. Let me know how you deal with the tangles in your life.





No comments:

Post a Comment